Honor’s introduction of the Honor 50 signals the beginning of the business’s transition away from its previous parent company, Huawei, as a standalone entity. According to our research, the Honor 50 is really a successor to the Honor 30, since there is no information available on the Honor 40. With the goal of assisting you in making your purchasing choice, this article will walk you through the specifications and pricing of this new gadget.
Where to Buy Honor 50
Honor 50 Key Specs & Features
Design & Display
The Honor 50’s design is unquestionably one of the most stunning to have emerged from Honor’s stables. This design, however, is not unusual, since it is similar of the Xiaomi Poco F3.
Apart from being evocative of the Poco F3, this design is also found on the Honor 50 Pro, the Honor’s more expensive counterpart.
When we look at the back of the phone, we see a gradient pattern, which has been standard for many smartphones in this category.
The two circles on the back are the focal point of this rear panel, and most likely the focal point of the entire design. These rings house the device’s back cameras. The top circle has a single camera, whilst the lower circle contains three cameras and an LED flash. Aside from the obvious camera module, the Honor logo is also present.
Moving further, we see what seems to be a somewhat curved 6.57-inch OLED display with a camera carved out in the upper centre position. This display’s features include a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels, a density of about 392 PPI, and a refresh rate of 120hz.
Enthusiasts who acquire this smartphone will have a lot of alternatives, as the Honor 50 is available in four colour variants: Frost Crystal, Amber Red, Emerald Green, and Midnight Black.
The Honor 50’s cameras are one of the most powerful on a mid-range smartphone. The back camera hardware is the star of the show, with a 108MP main sensor and an aperture of f/1.9, comparable to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.
Additionally, the rear features an 8MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and a field of view of 120 degrees. In addition, we have a 2MP macro camera and a 2MP depth camera, both with f/2.4 apertures.
Moving on to the front configuration, we have a single 32MP camera nestled within the display’s punch hole. The aperture on this camera is f/2.2.
The Honor 50’s hardware and software performance is mid-range, thanks to the Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G CPU.
The GPU, storage, and RAM choices for the Andreno 642L include 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, a non-removable 4300mAh Li-Po battery, and a 66W fast charging capacity.
On the software front, we got the Android 11 operating system with the Magic UI 4.2 user interface. Please keep in mind that Google Play services are only accessible in a limited number of market areas.
The Honor 50 has a USB Type-C connector, Bluetooth 5.2 low-energy, NFC, and WiFi / Hotspot. We would like to point out that because there is no 3.5mm headphone port on this device, private audio listening will have to be done using Type-C headphones or wireless headphones instead.
Internet access is limited to 5G rates, which means that fans will be able to take use of 5G internet speeds in locations where 5G reception is available.
Price and Availability
The Honor 50 is priced at roughly $420, which equates to around 172,620 Naira, 45,276 Kenyan Shillings, and 2,441 Ghanaian Cedis.
Initially unveiled on June 16, 2021, and anticipated to go on sale on June 25, 2021, the Honor 50 is a mid-range smartphone.
Honor 50 Deals and offers
Honor 50 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Honor 50:
- Platform: Android 11, Magic UI 4.2, Google Play Services (market/region dependent)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 778G 5G (6 nm) (Octa-core 1×2.4 GHz Kryo 670 Prime & 3×2.2 GHz Kryo 670 Gold & 4×1.9 GHz Kryo 670 Silver
- GPU: Adreno 642L
- Memory: 128GB / 256GB
- Colours: Frost Crystal, Amber Red, Emerald Green, Midnight Black
- Dimension: 160 x 73.8 x 7.7 mm
- Weight: 175 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.57-inch OLED, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, ~89.7% screen-to-body ratio, 19.5:9 Aspect Ratio, 120Hz Refresh Rate, ~392 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Primary) f/1.9 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 120˚ FOV + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: PDAF, LED flash, HDR, Panorama, [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, gyro-EIS
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, f/2.2, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: CDMA 800
- 3G WCDMA: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: CDMA2000 1x
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 18, 19, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 5, 8, 41, 77, 78 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Other Features
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4300mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 66W Fast Charging Capacity