Occasionally, we are forced to use the default network created with our Mifi due to the fact that it was designed to work just with that SIM network.
Because of this, I will be teaching you how to unlock your Mifi so that it will operate with any SIM card, including Swift/Smile Mifi, to give you a heads-up that you will need to use Mifi.
- MiFi modem by Huawei
- Download the free DC unlocked Huawei Modem/router unlock code calculator and generate the first code.
- To generate the code, make sure your phone is connected to the internet.
How to Make Your Mifi Compatible with All Sims, Including Swift/Smile Mifi
- Turn your Huawei MiFi modem off.
- Take note of your modem’s IMEI number.
- Insert a SIM card from any network and power on your MiFi modem.
- Connect the modem to your computer or phone. If you are prompted to log in, enter admin as your username and password.
- In your browser, type http://192.168.8.1. This will indicate that the SIM card is invalid or locked and prompt you to enter the unlock code.
- Enter the unlock code provided by the unlocked code calculator using your IMEI.
- Proceed to advanced settings, then to sim visibility and finally to device unlocking.
- Now enter and apply the unlock code.
I’d appreciate it if you could share this post with your friends now that you’ve successfully unlocked your MiFi modem.