An account balance is the amount of money in a financial repository, such as a savings or checking account, at any given time. The account balance is always the net amount after all debits and credits have been deducted. An account balance may also reflect an amount owed for financial accounts that have recurring bills, such as an electric bill or a mortgage.
Checking your bank account balance is very important, and if you are an Access bank customer, you have come to the right place for complete instructions on how to check your Access bank account balance.
Access Bank Plc., also known as Access Bank, is a Nigerian multinational commercial bank that is owned by the Access Bank Group. The Central Bank of Nigeria, the country’s banking regulator, has granted it a license.
Originally a corporate bank, the organization in 2012 acquired Nigeria’s International Commercial Bank’s personal and business banking platforms.
Access Bank is currently one of Nigeria’s top five banks in terms of assets, loans, deposits, and branch networks.
Following the merger of Access Bank and Diamond Bank on April 1, 2019, Access Bank became Africa’s largest bank. Following its merger with Diamond Bank, Access Bank Plc. unveiled its new logo, signaling the start of operations.
As an Access bank customer, you should check your account balance to ensure that it is up to date with your transactions.
The Access bank group, on the other hand, values each of their customers and has provided a plethora of options for you to check your account balance. The best part is that you don’t even have to go to your nearest Access Bank branch in Nigeria to check your account balance.
Ways you can use to check your Access Bank account balance.
There are several ways to check your access bank account balance, and I’ll walk you through them all below:
- Mobile banking
- Internet banking
- USSD and,
- Access Tamanda Facebook Banking
What are the requirements?
The above-mentioned methods of checking your access bank account balance can be accomplished with the following requirements.
- Access bank account number
- Phone number linked with the account
- Smartphone or PC
- Internet connection
- Internet banking login details
- Mobile banking login details
How to check Access bank account balance via internet banking
Follow these simple steps to check your Access Bank Nigeria account balance online:
- Access Bank Nigeria’s official website can be found at https://www.accessbankplc.com.
- Please go to the site’s top right corner and click on “Internet Banking.”
- Choose between “Individual” and “Business.”
- Following that, enter your online banking “Username” and click Continue.
- Sign in to your Access bank online banking account by entering your “Password” and clicking Login.
- After you’ve signed in, go to accounts to check your account balance.
After you sign in, your balance may be displayed on your dashboard.
That is how you can check the balance of your account.
How to check Access bank balance via USSD
Follow these steps to check your Access bank account balance in Nigeria using the USSD code:
- Dial *901# on the phone number associated with your access bank account.
- Type “1” and hit the send button.
- Input your pin.
- Take a few moments to wait.
- Access bank will send you an SMS with your account balance.
That is how you can view the balance of your Access bank Nigeria account with a code.
How to check Access bank balance via SMS
To check your Access bank account balance via SMS, follow these steps:
- Open your phone’s SMS app.
- Enter “BAL” to view your account balance.
- Click on the space bar.
- Enter your “Account number” now.
- Example: BAL 5890964378
- Send it to “08160000612“.
- Please wait a few minutes for your account balance to be sent to you via SMS.
Note: Your network operator will charge you N5 for the SMS. This SMS must be sent using the phone number associated with your account. It works with MTN, GLO, Airtel, or Etisalat and charges standard SMS rates of 4 to 5 Naira depending on your mobile network.
That is how to check your Access bank account in Nigeria via SMS.
How to check Access Bank account balance via Mobile banking
Follow the steps below to check your access bank account balance via mobile app:
- Go to the Access Bank app on your mobile device.
- Log in using your user name and password.
- Allow a few moments for it to load.
- Your current account balance can be found on your dashboard.
Note: To get your user id for the mobile app, you must first register for mobile banking at your branch.
How to check Access bank account balance via ATM
You can check your account balance by walking to any ATM gallery nearby with your access bank debit card. Take the following steps:
- Insert your card and enter your card pin into the ATM.
- On the screen prompt, select Balance Inquiry.
- Wait a few moments.
- Your balance will be displayed on the final screen prompt.
How to check your Access bank account balance with Facebook messenger
You can check your access account balance with “Tamanda” on Facebook Messenger.
Tamanda is a conversational and transactional chatbot that can converse with customers on a variety of topics while also handling their transactional needs.
Tamada provides a variety of transactional options, ranging from mobile top-up to fund transfers. Tamada will refer you to a live agent for transactions that Tamada is unable to handle.
Tamada can assist you in the following ways:
- Transfer funds
- Check your account balance
- Pay bills
- Purchase airtime
- Book loans and investments
- Check the weather
- Send a mini access bank account statement
To access Tamanda services go to https://www.messenger.com/t/tamadabyaccess sign up if you have not signed up already and follow Tamanda’s instruction on checking your access account balance.
How much does Access bank charge for balance checking
Many people wonder, “How much does Access Bank charge for checking your account balance?”
Yes, access bank does charge a fee to check your account balance. It is not a free service, as purchasing airtime from your account is. This service costs N10, which means that you can check your account balance at any time. Your account will be debited N10.
Have you checked the balance of your access bank account? I’ve gone over how to use Access Bank Account Balance Code and the steps involved. You can check your account balance at any time and from any location. Our blog has more information on how to access bank mobile banking.