OPay is a Nigerian online mobile transaction owned by Opera Software, which also owns the Opera mini and web browser.
OPay was designed to make sending and receiving payments as easy as possible. The app is already live in Nigeria, Kenya, and South Africa.
In this post, I will explain how to apply for an OPay POS machine as well as any other important information you will need to know.
Remember to leave us a comment once you’ve finished reading and to share this with your friends on social media.
Let’s get started…
How can I apply for an OPay POS machine?
The following are the steps to applying for an Opay POS machine:
- Go to your app store on your smartphone (Either iPhone or Android).
- Search for the Opay app.
- Install the app and agree to all of the terms before using it.
- Upload your KYC details and upgrade your account to an agent status.
- After that move on to apply for a POS.
- Select the MORE option and then the MY POS button.
- As needed, fill in all of the required information.
- Upload the last three months’ worth of transactions.
- Upload a valid identification card (passport, national identification card, or driver’s license).
- Upload a screenshot of the location where you’ll be running your business.
- Your application will be examined when you submit it, and if accepted, your POS machine will be ready in 24 hours.
What is the cost of Opay POS?
OPay POS are of three type which are OPay Smart POS (N50,000), OPay Traditional POS (N35,000) and OPay POS (N8,500). You will be required to keep at least N50,000 in your Opay wallet as a CAUTION FEE.
The caution cost is deducted from your wallet once your POS request is accepted. Only when the agent returns the POS terminal will the N50,000 be repaid.
What is the time frame for the POS machine to be ready?
It normally takes up to 24 hours, after which you can pick up your POS machine at the local OPay centre.
How can I know if I’m eligible for OPay POS?
Before you may apply for an Opay POS machine, you must meet the following requirements:
- OPay users must complete at least one million transactions within four weeks of beginning use of the app.
- You must be knowledgeable about conducting transactions on the platform and have a good understanding of the OPay app’s interface.
What kind of POS assistance does OPay provide?
If you have any questions or would want to speak with someone from the OPay team, please email [email protected]
Thank you for taking the time to read my article on “How to Apply for an Opay POS Machine in Nigeria.” If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them in the space below.
Also, don’t forget to share with your social media pals.
Once again, thank you.