The Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB) has simplified banking for a large number of Nigerians by introducing the Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) code, which enables customers to conduct some basic banking operations via their mobile devices.
In this section, we’ll go over the GTB USSD code and how to use it to conduct a variety of banking transactions from your GTB account using your phone.
It is not even necessary to have data or an internet connection in order to make use of the GTB USSD code. All you need is a phone with a sim card that is capable of dialing the USSD code in order to use this service.
Guaranty Trust Bank Limited is Nigeria’s most valuable bank, with a market capitalization of N840.26 billion at the time of this writing.
Guaranty Trust Bank Limited is a subsidiary of Guaranty Trust Holding Company PLC, also known as GTCO PLC, a multinational financial services group headquartered in Victoria Island, Lagos.
GTCO PLC provides retail and investment banking, pension management, asset management, and payments services. GTCO Plc was formed in July 2021 as a result of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC’s corporate reorganization into a Holding Company.
Guaranty Trust Holding Plc was founded in 1988 by over 35 young Nigerians in their thirties, led primarily by Tayo Aderinokun and Fola Adeola, but also by Femi Pedro, Gbolade Osibodu, Femi Akingbe, and Akin Opeodu.
Guaranty Trust Holding Company Plc currently operates 11 banking subsidiaries and intends to expand into payments, asset management, and pension management.
GTCO PLC is represented internationally through the following subsidiaries:
- GTBank Nigeria – Lagos, Nigeria
- GTBank Kenya – Nairobi, Kenya
- GTBank Rwanda – Kigali, Rwanda
- GTBank Uganda – Kampala, Uganda
- GTBank Côte d’Ivoire – Abidjan, Ivory Coast
- GTBank Gambia – Banjul, Gambia
- GTBank Ghana – Accra, Ghana
- GTBank Liberia – Monrovia, Liberia
- GTBank Sierra Leone – Freetown, Sierra Leone
- GTBank UK – London, England, United Kingdom
- GTBank Tanzania – Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
What is Gtbank USSD code?
First and foremost, prior to discussing the use of the GTB USSD code, you must ensure that the phone number you intend to use is linked to your GTB account.
GTB’s USSD code is *737# and it can be reached by dialing *737# from your phone. With this GTBank USSD code, you can perform a variety of banking operations such as fund transfers, checking your GTBank account balance, paying bills, and topping up your airtime and data plan among others.
By dialing *737#, you can get started with the GTBank USSD code.
One advantage of the GTBank USSD code feature is that it allows you to have a greater degree of flexibility in your transactions.
What are the benefits of using Gtbank USSD codes?
GTBank’s USSD code is an easy and convenient way to conduct bank transactions on the go, as it requires no special knowledge or skills.
Additionally, which phone you use to initiate the transaction is irrelevant as long as you dial the code using the line connected to your Guaranty Trust Bank account.
The following are the benefits of using the GTB banking USSD code for GTB customers.
- Quick and efficient banking services.
- Obtain immediate value
- Enhancement of financial management
- Banking operations that are simple, low-cost, and straightforward.
- It works with all smartphones.
- No data or internet connection is required for transactions.
How to use Gtbank USSD code
There are several ways to use the GTB USSD code, depending on the banking operation or transaction you wish to initiate.
- Open an Account
- Reactivate Your Account
- Funds Transfer
- Airtime & Data Top-up
- Check Account Details
- Create a Transaction PIN
- SKS Standing Instruction
- 737 Cashout Service
- Bill Payment (LCC Toll)
- Bill Payment (737 Checkout)
- Bill Payment (Swift Network Subscription)
- Bill Payment (Electricity Bills)
- Bill Payment (StarTimes Subscription)
- Airtime Advance
- Salary Advance
- Withdraw Cash without your Debit Card
- 737 Fast Track Deposit
- One Time Password (OTP)
How to open an account with GTB USSD code
Simply enter *737*0# and follow the onscreen instructions. An account number will be generated automatically and sent to you. The signing up process does not necessitate the completion of any account opening forms. Keep an eye out for your ten-digit account number after you sign up (NUBAN). You can also use your phone number as your account number at GTBank branches and GTExpress locations.
Benefits of the account
- One-time authentication and BVN linking visit
- Create an account without filling out any forms.
- Save on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis at a 3.9 percent annual interest rate.
- Money can be deposited and withdrawn at GTBank branches and GTExpress locations.
Features of the account
- N20,000 is the maximum deposit per transaction.
- N100,000 is the maximum account balance.
- There is no need for airtime or data to open an account.
How to reactivate your account with GTB USSD
In just four simple steps, you can reactivate your GTBank account.
- Simply dial *737*11# from your registered mobile number.
- Enter your bank’s verification code (BVN)
- To proceed, enter the Account Officer code (if known) or press 1.
- To complete your account reactivation, make a purchase of at least N100 in airtime.
You can do more with Bank 737 now that your account is active.
- Airtime and Data Top up
- Funds Transfer
- Check Account Details
- Card-less withdrawal at ATMs
- Bill Payments (Electricity Bills & StarTimes Subscription)
- 737 Cashout at Total Filling Stations
How to transfer money with GTB USSD code
Transfer to GTBank Account
- Dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# (e.g. *737*1*1000*1234567890#) from the GTBank phone number, then follow the on-screen prompts.
Transfer to Other Financial Institutions
- Dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number# from your phone (e.g., *737*2*1000*1234567890#), then authenticate the transfer with your 737 PIN, hardware token, or the last four digits of your GTBank debit card.
Benefits of transferring with GTB ussd code
- It is a convenient way to send money *737*transfer is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- The entire transaction takes about ten seconds.
- You can transfer to other Nigerian banks using *737*transfer.
- A daily transaction limit of N1,000,000.
- Works with GTBank-registered phone numbers.
- Money is deducted directly from your GTBank account, subject to phone network signal.
- The last four digits of your Naira MasterCard are required for the transaction (Debit card)
- For transactions exceeding $100,000, a one-time indemnity is required.
How to but Airtime and Data with GTB USSD code
- To purchase airtime, simply dial *737*amount# on your phone (for example, *737*1000#).
- To Top-up Airtime for a Friend
- To send airtime to a friend or a third party, dial *737*Amount*Recipient’s number# (e.g., *737*1000*08023456789#).
Top-up Data for Self & Third (3rd) Party
Simply dial *737*4# and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to check account number and BVN with USSD
For any of your accounts, your BVN or account number, all you need to do is dial the number *737*6*1# on your mobile phone and follow the on-screen prompts to find out the balance of your account.
GT Bank USSD Code To Pay Electricity Bills
With the help of their popular USSD code, GT Bank has made it easier to pay your Buy Electricity bill.
To make a payment from the comfort of your own home, dial *737*50*amount*station code#, for example, *737*50*7500*95#.
How to Pay for your Electricity Bills with GTBank USSD
|Port Harcourt Prepaid||*737*50*Amount*95#|
|Port Harcourt Postpaid||*737*50*Amount*96#|
Other GTbank USSD codes
- Loan Balance – *737*6*2#
- Card Status – *737*6*3#
- Chequebook Status – *737*6*4#
- Generate OTP – *737*7#
- Fast Track Deposit – *737*48#
- Fast Track Withdrawal – *737*49#
- 737 Edu – *737*31*amount*MerchantCode#
- 737 Give – *737*32*amount*MerchantCode#
- Bills Payment Menu – *737*50#
- Enable/Disable Account Balance on GeNS – *737*51*1#
- Card Hotlist – *737*51*10#
- Cable TV – *737*SmartCardNo#
- Spend To Save – *737*51*24#
- Mini Statement – *737*51*30#
- 3rd Party Statement – *737*51*33#
- QuickCredit Request – *737*51*51#
- QuickCredit Liquidation – *737*51*55#
- Reference Confirmation – *737*51*54#
- Account Blacklist – *737*51*74#
- School Fees Advance – *737*52*30#
- PayDay Loan – *737*52*40#
Pay Startimes Subscription with GTbank USSD
Regardless of where you are, you can easily pay your subscriptions by dialing *737*37*Amount*Decoder Number# e.g. *737*37*2500*00123456789#.
Now that we have reached the conclusion of this topic, I hope you will put these suggestions to use in your everyday banking. Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Please keep checking back for more updates.