Jumia offers a wide variety of products that might interest you but you don’t know your way around the portal in this post, you will be educated on how to place orders on the Jumia portal.
How do I order and pay on jumia?
The Jumia website has a friendly interface and you can see a collection of categories to choose from on the main page of the website. Each category has a wide selection of products, use filters to find a product you need.When you’ve found the product you like, it’s time to place an order. After selecting the product follow these steps to place your order;
- Click on “Add to Cart” on the product page.
- Now the green screen at the top of the page shows that the product has been added to your shopping cart.
- You can continue shopping or go to the cart by clicking the cart icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- It is advisory to always review your cart to verify that the products you have selected are the same in your cart before proceeding.
- You can add or remove items in your cart at this stage and if you are satisfied you can click on “Checkout” to continue.
- You will be asked to create an account if you are a new customer,
the next step is to add your address, and then click “Next” to continue.
- Select a Delivery Method which comprises of Door Delivery or Pick up Station (Cheaper Shipping Fees).
- You can select a Pickup station closer to you by clicking the “Select a Pickup Station” link. When you have done that, press “Next” to continue.
- You have to choose a payment method which comprises of JumiaPay or Cash on Delivery. JumiaPay involves the use of atm cards and PayPal for payment while Cash on Delivery involves payment when the item is delivered to your doorstep or Pickup station but it’s limited to those outside Lagos state.
- There is a field for voucher code, should in case you have one do not forget to enter it.
- After you have chosen your preferred method of payment, click “Next” and you will be taken to the summary page.
- On the Summary page verify your address, Phone number, delivery method, and delivery timeline.
- After reviewing the summary page click on “Confirm” your order will be placed successfully and you will be redirected to the JumiaPay portal to make a payment if chosen as the method of payment.
Jumia is an online marketplace for electronics and apparel that targets many African nations, among others but was headquartered and incorporated in German.It is regarded as the best shopping platform in Africa. The company is also a logistics service that enables packages to be shipped and delivered from sellers to buyers and a payment service that facilitates transactions between active participants and the Jumia platform in selected markets.